The Chef Agency
Programming + Marketing Manager
The Programming + Marketing Manager is a critical part of the team that develops, implements, and communicates brand-focused experiences for guests across the Property. This role supports the sales, marketing, and operations teams in developing strategies and tactics to generate incremental revenue for the total asset. Under the leadership of the Hotel General Manager with a dotted line to the Restaurant + Bar General Manager and Director of Sales + Marketing, this role promotes on-brand messaging to guests through traditional, digital and social media channels all with the goal of enhancing the image of the Property.
The Programming + Marketing Manager gets to do a little bit of everything — from identify key business development opportunities through programming and community engagement, to managing social media channels, to balancing traditional and digital marketing, and contributing to public relations activities. Success will be measured by how well this individual helps drive the sales and revenue strategies of the property through programming, their impact on social media engagement, and by how effectively they leverage their expertise and resources to create truly compelling marketing and communication campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Programming Development and Marketing
- Partner Hotel, R&B and sales teams to identify opportunities to target in-house guests, locals, and out-of-town visitors with compelling promotions, campaigns, and events that drive incremental revenue to the Restaurant + Bar venues on property
- Develop and execute annual Hotel and Restaurant + Bar marketing plan to budget, in consultation with the Hotel General Manager, Restaurant + Bar General Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing, and area and home office teams
- Manage the execution of direct marketing activities for Property
- Act as the liaison between the property and local partners, agencies and businesses to ensure consistent community outreach and engagement.
- Act as primary liaison between property team and Kimpton Tiered Services agency as applicable.
- Act as primary point of leadership on property for all marketing initiatives
- Partner with the Kimpton Restaurant + Bar Marketing Team to develop localized creative assets, outreach marketing materials, and email campaigns
- Manage the execution of restaurants sponsored events, activations, community/government relations activities, and press promotional activities
- Liaise with property PR team to ensure the programming, events, and activations are integrated and thoughtfully highlighted to drive awareness and coverage
- Work with PR agency to maintain a comprehensive list of local media, business, community, and partner contacts, with particular emphasis on food, cocktail, and hotel influencers, concierges, local demand drivers, and other strategic partners
- Coordinate with property and above property analytics teams to report success of property marketing performance
- Partner with the Kimpton Music + Programming to customize programming touchpoints within property guest journey
- Align and activate alongside annual Kimpton Brand events and activation strategies (seasonal, holiday, CSR, etc.)
Social Media and Digital Content Management
- Manage social media account(s) for the Property, including content capture, copywriting, engagement, and managing the content calendar(s)
- Utilize the strategy, templates, copy framework and imagery provided by the Kimpton Home Office Social Media team in order to promote brand campaigns and values-based initiatives throughout the year
- Achieve established social media key performance indicators and actively participate in the Kimpton Social Media Squad (webinars, office hours) to maintain commitment to evolving social media best practices
- Verify that all marketing content for the Hotel and Restaurant + Bars in digital channels is accurate and in alignment with brand voice
- Develop and execute promotional campaigns through relevant digital and social media channels
- Engage in proactive online reputation management by surfacing relevant guest comments (positive or negative) in social media channels and responds accordingly
- Work with the property and brand digital marketing teams to verify that all restaurant and hotel websites are updated on a regular basis
Collateral and Visual Asset Development
- Coordinate and execute printed and digital materials in partnership with Kimpton Studio Team
- Assist in the production of visual assets for all property, including menus, temporary signage in, public areas, and weekly programming calendars
- Support the coordination of photography for new menu updates, seasonal activations, and promotions in partnership with the Kimpton Restaurant + Bar Marketing Team
- Central point of contact for regionally approved local photographers for food, amenity, and property imagery; coordinates with Kimpton home office marketing and brand teams to verify all photography adheres to brand voice
- Provide training and marketing leadership and act as programming subject matter expert for GMs, Sales Leaders and Managers, and Revenue leaders
- Lead monthly programming and marketing meeting to include key leadership at the hotel including sales, revenue management, R&B, hotel ops, banquets and catering, etc.
- Keep abreast of competition and its collateral, advertising, and marketing efforts and constantly evolving digital and marketing trends
- Engage with guests to gather real-time feedback on programs, activations, and overall experience, and adjust strategy as needed
- Be available for interviews and press opportunities as needed as the cultural ambassador of the property
- Assist with providing input for ownership or key stakeholder presentations such as budget meetings, month end reviews etc.
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE WE’RE SEEKING:
- 3+ years’ experience in event production, marketing, public relations, digital or related professional area; degree is preferred; photography and graphic design experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in building marketing plan with a focus on experiential and event marketing
- A passion for music, hospitality, guest experience, and creative thinking
- Experience with digital campaign planning and social media management
- Excellent organizational skills and experienced in prioritizing and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate effectively
- Self-initiative to get things done; a natural problem solver and critical thinker
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and must be willing to work flexible hours, weekends, and holidays depending on activation and programming schedules. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of three years of experience in sales, marketing, digital or related area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency experience is preferred. A degree in Sales and Marketing, Public Relations, or Business-related field preferred.
Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use a keyboard, see, hear, write and speak. The employee is frequently required to handle (hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hand or hands), finger (picking, pinching, fine manipulation), collate/file, dial, sit and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs and stand. The employee is minimally required to bend, crouch, kneel, crawl, squat, balance, reach, twist, stretch, push and pull. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 10lbs, occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25lbs and minimally required to lift and/or move 50lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to produce detailed work, use written and verbal communication, handle multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions. The employee is frequently required to use math and reasoning skills and have customer contact. The employee is minimally required to give presentations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be moderately exposed to noise.
Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.