The Chef Agency
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Partner to operations, providing people and culture (HR) guidance in relation to talent management, company policies, procedures, and an overall resource to support the associates employment experience.
- Involved in property’s overall compensation and wage strategy, completing wage surveys, audits and proposing adjustments to GM/ MD/ RHRD where needed
- Coordinates recruiting efforts for property by building awareness of the talent within the community and university, posting positions, and screening applicants for brand and position fit.
- Process applications, hires, and pre-employment screening in HRIS and ATS systems
- Facilitates new hire orientation, onboarding, and training programs
- Maintains basic employment information in HR information system, including scanning of employment documents into electronic personnel files within the HRIS
- Answers HR line and routes calls accordingly
- Processes employee separations and answers employment inquiries including state unemployment claims for the property
- Supports leaders in navigating employee relations and corrective action situations
- Communicates delicate human resources concerns and incidents involving leadership to regional people and culture leadership
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a policy expert to assist Operations management in adherence of company policies, processes and practices.
- Is in the know of culture concerns and brings them to the attention of the appropriate party and/or regional people and culture leadership
- Coordinates recognition programs including reminders, award ordering, and celebratory announcements
- Administers company recognition and engagement programs to include Extra Credit, Referral Program, Quarterly Service Awards Program, and/or any other company implemented program
- Assists with ensuring compliance posters are in employee areas, timeclock is assessible, and breakroom/employee areas exude Graduate brand and culture
- Assists and is the liaison to company benefit and perk programs
- Consistently tracks brand and compliance training through the LMS and other company established training programs, communicates training gaps and accomplishments
- Assists and supports associates in navigating and locating appropriate employment resource and/or contact
- Provides assistance to all people and culture projects as needed by GM and/or Regional people and culture leadership.
- Takes on special brand assignments and mentorship of new Culture Champions as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in hospitality, human resources or business administration preferred
- Over 1-year in Culture Champion and/or HR related position in hospitality
- Proven Experience navigating community and employee relations
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge, understanding, and comfort training others, facilitating programs/presentations, and public speaking internally and externally
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- “Hands-on” approach to projects and initiatives
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and has proven trust by others at all levels of the organization
- Positive presence and command skills
- Managerial courage and proven ability to partner and support leadership