The Chef Agency
Essential Job Functions:
• Interact with other Department Heads to help operations proceed smoothly
• Encourages and motivates employees
• Be accessible and available to employees
• Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees and guests
• Assist with administering, coordinating and distributing information to all kitchen employees.
• Maintain accurate paperwork for scheduling, payroll and employee records
• Provide Human Resources with the necessary information to keep personnel files current
• Observe employee performance in assigned kitchen(s)
• Ensure employees adhere to established policies and procedures
• Provide feedback to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef for the preparation of kitchen employee performance reviews
• Ensure kitchen cleanliness and quality physical appearance of each kitchen.
• Ensure a neat, clean and safe working environment
• Organize and maintain food storage, rotation and utilization
• Ensure guest satisfaction (i.e. food quality, production, presentation) and resolve guest complaints
• Assist with ordering food products and ensuring the quality of these products
• Taste and review food products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
• Demonstrate to Line staff how to properly prepare menu items
• Demonstrate to Prep staff and Butchers how to properly prepare and store food items
• Direct and oversee the daily activities of assigned kitchen(s) which could include:
o Main Kitchen
o Prep or Appetizer kitchen
o Butcher Shop
o Garde Manger
• Conduct daily inspections of assigned kitchen(s) and delegate job tasks and responsibilities throughout these kitchens
• Complete food ordering and approve requisitions
• Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining new recipes, presentations and products
• Implements daily “special” menu at the direction of the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
• Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation
• Present needs of the department to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef
• Complete special projects as directed bye the Executive Chef or Executive Sous chef
• Assist in the job duties and responsibilities of kitchen employees when business dictates
• Assists with creating, implementing and monitoring action plans to minimize costs to ensure that budgetary goals are met
• Maintains established food par levels and accurate paperwork for inventory
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises the kitchen staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Wolfgang Puck Group policies and applicable laws. Responsiblities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Technical Culinary Diploma or two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 2 years cooking experience in a high-volume / highest quality operation (as judged by Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Director)
• Social Banquet experience a plus
• One year prior inventory/cost control experience
• Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
• Computer skills helpful
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and math analyzation skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and requisitions.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Ability to calculate and apply figures and amounts in recipe and labor costing and control
• Ability to follow delegation while providing technical and management troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
• Demonstrated operational logical: multi-unit prioritazion skills
• Strong interpersonal staff relations and leadership skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in butchery, pastry and garde manger
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability