The Chef Agency
Assistant Director, Finance & Business Support
Lead & Motivate your team through strong accounting and communication skills. Our Assistant Director of Finance & Business Support will possess a professional understanding of systems, business and analytics. Supporting and uplifting the Finance & Accounting department will be essential to your success.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain system of accounts and controls, providing accurate data necessary for all required accounting reports and statements.
- Prepare and post daily journals and month end journal entries, ensuring efficient completion of all month-end functions.
- Assist in the completion of financial statements, management reports in accordance with Corporate Policies & Procedures for review.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis.
- Assist departments in the interpretation, orientation, training and analysis of accounting matters.
- Champion internal control compliance with respect to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Co-ordinate and ensure that all daily, semi-monthly and monthly management reports are issued on a timely and accurate basis.
- Participate in the creation of the Annual Operating & Capital Budgets, Strategic Plan, and Monthly Operating Forecasts.
- Full Accounts payable management and general cashiering duties as assigned.
- Assist in the effective utilization and integration of hotel and accounting technology systems, including software applications, current & future.
- Develop and engaged, enthusiastic and guest driven department.
- Recruit, develop, and evaluate and motivate the team.Represent the accounting office and the Director of Finance in their absence.
- Actively contribute to hotel overall leadership and direction.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Professional designation or acceptable university degree with an appropriate specialization in Accounting or enrolled in a recognized accounting with progression to 3rd or 4th level preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience and at least 2 years previous accounting experience at a supervisory/managerial level.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills with a track record of developing a highly motivated and cross-trained group of progressive accounting professionals.