The Chef Agency
Chef de Cuisine
Recognized to be the Manager of the kitchen. Trains and develops all Culinary & stewarding team members in his/her department. Maintains cleanliness and maintenance of facility. Works with Executive Sous & Executive Chef to create a productive working staff while maintaining & enhancing Recipes and culinary Standards within the restaurants concept. Follows all NY health department codes and standards.
- Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Demonstrates strong culinary skills while maintaining control of food costs.
- Leads by example by working hands on with his staff while overseeing the total operations
- Verifies that prepared food meets recipe requirements for quality and quantity.
- Create daily specials within the specific season along with seasonal menu changes.
- Ensures all food is prepared to the correct specifications.
- Runs daily line ups with team members to review daily & weekly goals along with hotel information.
- Establish cross training guidelines for all culinarians to build strength and upward mobility.
- Build team moral through positive feedback
- Weekly staff scheduling according to business volumes.
- Assist with monthly inventory, portion and waste control.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Availability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays (required).
- Certification in sanitation and workplace safety regulations.
- Practices safe food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Follow opening and end of day closing procedure of kitchen
- Must be efficient, work in high volume, multitask and work well as part of a team.
- Ability to withstand constant pressure to prepare meals quickly, while ensuring quality is maintained, and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed.
- Personal cleanliness is essential.
- Knowledge and implementation of work place safety
- Control food and labor costs with budgeted guidelines
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $60k + DOE – 100% coverage M/D; 100% pension after 3 years vested
Location: Upstate NY